An Account Manager position that doesn‘t require previous account management experience.
Yes, you did read that correctly!
Perhaps you’ve just graduated and are looking to embark on your career, or you may have experience of dealing with customers/clients and want to move into account management.
If only you could find a company that is willing to invest in your training and development to become the outstanding Account Manager, you know you can be…
Well, look no further, we have the company and position which is offering just that!
Your new company:
Our client, a leading Comms and IT Service Provider is looking to recruit a Junior Account Manager to develop their existing customer base and identify new opportunities.
They offer an extensive 12-week training programme to ensure you have the tools and information to do the job.
Looking to the future, they have clear progression routes so this might not be the only job, but the one after that too!
Details/Benefits of the Trainee Account Manager role:
- Salary £21,000 – £23,000+ uncapped commission
- 22 days holiday + your birthday off + bank holidays
- Hours: 8:30am – 5pm or 9am – 5:30pm Mon to Fri (to suit)
- 12 weeks training and career development plan
- Currently Office based but with a view to offering a mixture of Working from Home/Office in the near future
- Great working environment with lots of banter
- Health Cash plan – money back on routine healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
Daily responsibilities of the Trainee Account Manager:
You will be given your own accounts, ranging from sole traders to large organisations, with a view to you nurturing and developing these accounts.
And I am sure you will be pleased to hear that there is NO cold calling involved.
- You will be the main point of contact for any customer account issues – about 25% of your time will be spent handling any queries
- Making outbound calls to existing customers, to identify any additional needs, promote new product developments or initiatives
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements
- Create sales orders and write proposals that meet clients’ requirements
- Follow up on e-mail marketing campaigns – contacting,businesses who have opened and clicked on the links
- Ensure all information on the database is up to date and accurate
What do you need to be an ideal candidate for the Trainee Account Manager role?
- Excellent listening and rapport building skills
- Ambitious, motivated and a self-starter
- Strong customer service skills
- You mustn’t be afraid to pick up the phone…this is anAccount manager position, right? So, it’s about building relationships by speaking with people.
If this sounds like the job you have been waiting for, apply with your CV today!